Thursday, 24 January 2013

Winter Is Coming...


Over the past 4 months, I have read almost six of the novels from 'A Song of Ice and Fire', the fantasy series by George R.R. Martin. I love reading fiction and find it impossible to choose a singular favourite book - but this series is a massive contender. The scale of everything in this book is immense. Think of the depth and complexity of the plot and characters in Lord of the Rings. And then triple it. Seriously. If you haven't read any of the books (or watched Game of Thrones, the TV series, which is a great adaption) then I would absolutely recommend it, even if you don't think of yourself as a fan of fantasy fiction (I didn't)!

Anyway, I decided to make a wooden brooch inspired by the books (above). A couple of days after I designed and made this brooch, IT SNOWED. Winter really is coming. And here is a view of it outside my window! Hope you have all been enjoying the weather and staying safe.


2 comments:

  1. haha! I love this new brooch and that photo of the snow is so magical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Snow is a rare treat here, I love it!

      Delete